Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here is the second poem that I promised to a friend.


Jan 19,10- A Long Wait.

My friend don't you see,
there's nothing like you and me.
What else could there be?

Apart is far too rough.
but what you want, is a must.
If space you need, it will be tough.
I'll then miss you, and life will rust.

From the ache, we will grow stronger.
But hearts will forever for long,
for short time when we belonged.

Once a while, though sad eyes I see.
Loving others that share,
the healthy bliss we could of had.

Father I miss you, when will you come home?
-Dave Young


This one was a bit more thought out. Its a bit sad and belongs to those who have grown up without a Dad. There are many people that "have" fathers, but because of the choices and the busyness of life, they still don't get to know each other very well. "Cat's in the Cradle" by Cat Stevens is a good example of what this poem is about.




1 comment:

Mrs. Darcy said...

Awww I really like this one ^^ keep going at it! I love your poems! :)